At HCB, we take safeguarding your personal information very seriously. Here are a few simple tips to help protect your information as you track your finances on the go:
- Lock your device. Set your phone or tablet to automatically lock when not in use, and use a strong account password to unlock it. Change your password frequently, usually every 30 days.
- Only download applications from trusted sources. Make sure to download updates regularly, as often times these include fixes to security flaws.
- Take note of pop up notices and other alerts that may be warning you about security issues or leaving trusted sites.
- Delete text messages from your bank once you’ve read them.
- Do not share sensitive information via text. Text messages are not secure. We will never send your name or account number via text message. We will never ask you to send us your account number via text message or email.
- Do not bank online while on a smartphone when using unsecured, public WiFi access.
- Always log off completely after using a mobile banking site or application.
- Make sure to clear out all information on your phone before discarding it.